Communities and locations in the Town of Rochester
(located in the Rondout Valley School District)
- Accord – A hamlet that is the seat of town government.
- Aligerville – A hamlet near the east town line.
- Cherrytown – A hamlet northwest of Mombaccus.
- Fantinekill – A hamlet north of Kerhonkson and Pataukunk on Route 3.
- Granite – A hamlet south of Kerhonkson.
- Kerhonkson – A hamlet located at the west town line on US 209.
- Liebhart – A hamlet in the northern part of the town, east of Tabasco.
- Kyserike – A hamlet near the east town line, east of Aligerville.
- Mettacahonts – A hamlet north of Accord.
- Mill Hook – A hamlet northwest of Accord.
- Minnewaska – A hamlet near the south town line.
- Minnewaska State Park – A state park partly in the south part of Rochester.
- Mohonk Preserve – A nature preserve partially in the eastern part of the town. Part of Lake Mohonk is within the town also.
- Mombaccus – A hamlet north of Fantinekill on Route 3.
- Palentown – A hamlet in the northwest part of the town, inside the Catskill State Park.
- Pataukunk – A hamlet north of Kerhonkson on Route 3.
- Pine Bush – A location on the west town line north of Kerhonkson.
- St. Joseph – A hamlet southeast of Accord.
- Tabasco – A hamlet in the northern part of the town on Route 3.
- Whitfield – A hamlet northeast of Accord.
Useful links for the Town of Rochester
- http://www.townofrochester.net/Pages/index We hope this site will serve residents and visitors alike. It contains information about Rochester’s Government and the services provided by the town, as well as extensive historic information.