Distinguished Service Award
The Rondout Valley Central School District Board of Education proudly announces the annual Thomas King Distinguished Service Award. This award is aimed to identify and acknowledge the outstanding contributions put forth by our staff and establish a tradition of excellence.
The Distinguished Service Award was created in 2010 by previous Rondout Valley Central Schools Superintendent, Rosario Agostaro. Thomas King, a long time science teacher at the Junior High School, was one of the recipients of the award that very first year. In 2011, Thomas King unexpectedly passed away. Mr. King was well respected by both colleagues and students alike, and his time at Rondout Valley was impactful for so many. Many of his colleagues asked that the award be named after him following his passing.
Thomas King, 2010 Distinguished Service Award Recipient
Who is eligible?
- Any employee who has served the District for a minimum of 5 years.
- Individuals may be nominated by fellow employees, parents, or members of the Board of Education.
Criteria for nomination (at least one of the following):
- Effectiveness with students
- Contribution(s) to the profession
- Contribution(s) in working with students outside the classroom
- Long-term outstanding contribution(s) to the District
- Cafeteria Unit
- Clerical Unit
- Custodial Unit
- Board of Education Choice Recipient
- Completion of nomination form
- Supporting letter/essay
The Board of Education
BOE Committee Members for Selection of Recipients
Carolyn Peck, Chair