Rondout Valley Superintendent
The Board of Education of the Rondout Valley Central School District, Accord, New York, is seeking a highly qualified, visionary leader to serve as Superintendent. The Superintendent will serve as a student oriented and a transformational leader who will successfully address the concerns and issues communicated by the entire school community and residents throughout the school/community.
The District’s public school system is composed of one high school, one junior high school, one intermediate school and two elementary schools. The Rondout Valley Central School District serves students residing in Marbletown, Rosendale, Wawarsing and the town of Rochester.
McPherson & Jacobson, L.L.C., Executive Recruitment and Development is engaged as the consultant in a search for outstanding candidates. They will assist the School Board in identifying and screening the candidates.
The candidate must have the background, skills, and abilities essential for excellence in educational leadership to include high expectations, being data driven and maintaining a culture of accountability throughout the District. Experience as a Superintendent or in a central office leadership position is preferred. Teaching experience as a classroom teacher in a public-school environment is required. Doctorate and living in the community is strongly preferred. New York Superintendent certification – or eligibility for it – is required. The Board is seeking a candidate with the following required characteristics:
- An educational leader who deals in an honest manner, with sensitivity, with all members of the school/community and has a passion for education and success for all students
- An excellent enthusiastic, confident leader who will become an integral part of the district and community, who works collaboratively with administrators to accomplish the goals of the district, monitors their progress and evaluates their performance and possesses leadership qualities that allow for strategic decisions and successfully guides plans for their successful implementation by his or her staff
- An educational leader with strong financial knowledge and demonstrates a proven record of success in budget development, to include community input, in order to support district programs and has demonstrated success in the implementation of collaborative negotiating skills
- An individual who leads by example with high ethical standards, who continually builds expertise and consistently demonstrates courage, accountability and integrity
- An educational leader who is visible and demonstrates proven leadership that supports academic excellence and is knowledgeable regarding the current trends in research-based curriculum and instruction
Salary: Regionally competitive salary based upon experience and qualifications
Selection Time Line
- Closing date for applications: November 16, 2023
- School Board selects finalists to interview: January 2024
- Finalists Interviews with the School Board: January 2024
- Selection of new Superintendent: Early February 2024
- Start date: Contract dependent — No later than July 1, 2024
An application for superintendent should include:
- A letter setting forth personal qualifications, experiences and reasons for interest in the position.
- A current résumé.
- A completed application form.
- Reference letters, certificates and licenses, and academic transcripts from colleges/universities indicating degree(s).
Candidates are asked not to directly contact board members. Any effort to do so may eliminate them from consideration. Names of applicants will be held in strict confidence whenever possible; however, McPherson & Jacobson complies with individual states’ Freedom of Information laws. In the final process, the school board may visit the district where the candidate is employed, but will not proceed without the knowledge and consent of the candidate.
Rondout Valley Central School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The District does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability and, when needed, will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees. Anyone requesting a reasonable accommodation in the application or recruitment process please contact McPherson & Jacobson at the address/phone/email below.
McPherson & Jacobson
11725 Arbor Street, Suite 220
Omaha, Nebraska 68144
Phone: (888) 375-4814 Fax: (402) 991-7168
For a printable brochure, click here.