Section 504 is a Federal law designed to protect the rights of individuals with disabilities in programs and activities that receive Federal financial assistance from the U.S. Department of Education. A 504 plan can be developed for students to receive accommodations and modifications in order to access a Free and Appropriate Public Education (FAPE).
- Who Is Eligible?
- Can a medical diagnosis suffice as an evaluation for the purpose of providing FAPE?
- Does a medical diagnosis of an illness automatically mean a student can receive services under Section 504?
- What is the process for placing a student on a 504 plan?
- Does a 504 transfer between schools?
- Does a 504 expire?
- Why do seniors not have an annual review?
- How Do I File A Complaint?
To e-mail an employee, use the
e-mail listed, followed by @rondout.k12.ny.us
Assistant Superintendent of Student Support Services
504/ADA Compliance Officer