ALL REQUIREMENTS BELOW ARE TO ENSURE THE SAFETY OF EVERY CHILD.
- If your child needs a different pick up or drop off bus stop, please fill out the Transportation Request Form for Child Care.
- Your child must be ready to board the bus 10 minutes prior to the scheduled pick up time.
- If it is 10 minutes past your pick up time, please contact First Student 845-626-7143 (During the first two weeks of school, please understand there may be delays in busing).
WATCH FOR THE BUS!
- The driver is not permitted to blow the horn.
- The driver will not wait for a student if they are running within 10 minutes of the pick up time.
- The student must be in a safe area at the bus stop so the bus driver can see them.
- Once the bus is in motion, the driver will not be permitted to return to a stop.
- The driver will not call you to say they are at the stop.
A person on your child’s emergency contact list must be at the drop off location for grades K-3 and Special Needs Students. If no one is at the drop off location for these students, the bus will continue on with the route. The bus will not return until all of the other students on the bus have been taken home. If there is no one at the location once the bus returns, emergency contact(s) will be called. If an emergency contact cannot be reached, your child will be returned to school. It will be the parent/guardians responsibility to pick up the child at the school.
General Education students (grades 4-12) are permitted to be dropped off at a bus stop without a parent/guardian present.
child not needing bus
pick up/drop off times
belongings left on bus
buses running late
School Bus Dispatcher
(845) 687-2400 Ext. 4816
(845) 687-2400 Ext. 4815
To e-mail a RVCSD employee, use the e-mail listed, followed by @rondout.k12.ny.us